Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Blog #5 - Tech Creation

For this tech creation, I went with something that isn't 100% based around tech but can be used that way. When I presented the idea of finding a new tech-based creator to my internship teacher, she told me to check out Tools for Educators. This website allows you to create your own worksheets to use in the classroom.  Where this isn't fully tech is that there are no ways to use it interactively on tech unless you use it on an overhead or smartboard. However, the simplicity of using technology to create worksheets to go along with lessons made it stand out to me.

Using the website, you can create crosswords, vocabulary lists, games, and more. To make it even more appealing, it allows easy access to add visuals if you wish to do so.

I decided to make a quick crossword puzzle based off my Sensory Imagery lesson to test out the creation system. It is a very basic puzzle but I did the entire thing from my phone in less than five minutes, which may be a very hand feature if you have no access to a computer when trying to come up with last minute ideas or if there are technical issues with your computer. For a teacher who needs to quickly create worksheets or add accommodations to lesson plans, it's a nice website to keep in mind.




3 comments:

  1. What a cool site to share! I liked how you used images to show us the steps to creating your final document!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this site and I think it's a fun new way to look at and create worksheets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?!?! how fun! I need to look into this site for my own classroom!

    ReplyDelete